Friday, April 17, 2009

Ramona Quimby Age 8 by Beverly Cleary

I never really remembered why I loved Ramona Quimby books when I was younger until I picked this one up again to try it out. The funny thing was that I still could not put the book down when reading it. I loved Ramona's emotions during it.

It reminded me of things that really could have happened in elementary or middle school. The feeling that your teacher does not like you and that you are not cool enough is a big thing for a lot of students. So I think that this book would be great. My reading buddy, who is in 2nd grade, was also reading this book while I was and she talked about it every time we got together. She would do many encounters of text to self which was great and really helped her to learn and enjoy the book.

Ramona Quimby books also have great voice. You feel like this little girl is really telling about her problems. I love how she gets so annoyed with the kid at the babysitters because this happens to so many people. Overall I just thought that this was a really good book and I would recommend it to any age group above first or second grade. Like I said I even enjoyed it and I am 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment