Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Goldilocks and the Three Martians by Stu Smith

I found Goldilocks and the Three Martians by Stu Smith in the Curriculum Lab. I decided to pick it up because Goldilocks was one of my favorite stories when I was little but this one was a little different because it was about martians instead of bears. I also thought that the illustrations on the front cover were creative and it made me wonder what would happen in the book.

The story turned out to be a lot like Goldilocks and the Three Bears except for the fact that Goldilocks decided to build a spaceship and go looking for a different planet because she did not like all of the chores that her mom was giving her. She realized that she did not like any of the other planets because they were too big, too hot, etc... Then she landed on Mars, where she found the martian's house, and she got into a lot more trouble than she had expected.

I thought that the story was a really good one because it can show you that even if you think your life is horrible, that you could always be somewhere worse. Goldilocks found this out the hard way and I believe that kids will enjoy the story while thinking that maybe doing some extra work every now and then isn't so bad.

So if anyone enjoyed Goldilocks and the Three Bears either now or when you were younger, I would really encourage you to pick up this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment