Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Children's Lit. Reflection

At first when beginning this class I thought that it was going to be A LOT of work. I was afraid that I wouldn't have time to read as much as I was expected to. I found that this was not true at all though! I have actually really enjoyed all of the readings and it has given me a great opportunity to get into the library and pick up some great children's books (which I haven't done in a really long time).

When I first found out that we had to blog about all of our books I was really confused. I had heard of blogging before but didn't know that you could do it about stuff like this. I still am a little iffy about it at times just because I know that my writing is out in the open for everyone who wants to to look at it and that sort of scares me. But on the other hand I do enjoy it. I feel like it gives me more freedom in what I say than what it would if I was writing it on paper. I also feel like it much more laid back and it doesn't take long at all to just log on and type up your thoughts. It is something that I can see myself doing in my own classroom in the future.

Overall, I think that the class is going really well. I am getting a lot of great information from it and learning even more that I do love to read. I like the group activities and getting all of the different insights and I also loved the poem activity that we did. I have never felt that comfortable about reading poems but I think that what we did in class changed that. I think it is something that I could use in a class to help the students get out of their shells with it. I just think that the class is going really good and I hope that this continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment