Tuesday, February 17, 2009

D.W., Go To Your Room by Marc Brown

As I have stated before, I absolutely love Marc Brown's work. Arthur and D.W. books have been my favorite since I was a little girl. I chose this book off of the shelf in the Curriculum Lab because D.W. has quite an attitude to her, much like myself when I was little, and I thought that this book showcased this well.

I loved the pictures in the story. They brought all the emotion that the characters were feeling right out of the pages. And the words that D.W. expressed made you think that you were actually listening to a 6 year old talk.

The story is about D.W. getting in trouble for not sharing her toys with her little sister, Kate. And when she continues to disobey her mom with this she is sent to her room. After trying to wrap her head around why she is in trouble and after trying to get out of it a couple of times, she just gets mad. A little later D.W.'s mom brings Kate up for D.W. to watch, which she is not happy about. But after a while she realizes that she isn't so bad.

I think that this is a great book for Preschool to Second graders because it can show that don't always judge a book by its cover and things may be more fun than you perceive. I also remembered this episode from the Arthur series and many other kids may also.

No comments:

Post a Comment