Saturday, February 14, 2009

How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell


Just the title of this book hooks you into wondering why anyone would fry a worm, let alone want to eat the worm. I was first introduced to this book in elementary school and thought that it was the greatest book ever written. While looking for different books in the Curriculum Lab, I came acrossed it and knew that I had to read it.
The book, How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell, is about four boys who make a bet of $50 that one of them has to eat 15 worms, one each day for 15 days. And when eating them he can cook them or put anything on them that he wants. When the signs come across that he may actually accomplish this task, the other boys do anything that they can to make him think that these worms might be killing him.
It's a great book and a very fast and easy read. I don't know if it's because I was so hooked reading it again because of the first time but I just couldn't put it down. It would be a great book for the classroom for fourth to sixth graders and could really help children with dealing with conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment