Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Four Hungry Kittens by Emily Arnold McCully

After finding some wordless books for our genre assignment, I had come across this one and remembered it from somewhere. I had
remembered back to reading it when I was a lot younger. While flipping through the pictures and seeing the amazing water color, I thought of how excited I was that I got to make up what these four little kittens were going through. The pictures are wonderful and its no wonder why this book won the Caldecott Medal.
The story begins with four kittens waiting for there mom to come back and feed them. When the mother kitty gets shut in another room away from them they don't know what to do. They are hungry! The kittens go wondering around but a loyal dog comes along and saves them from many of the mischievous things that they get into and they gain a new friend.
This is a great story that kids can read to help them look at friendship and how you don't have to be exactly alike to be good friends. I would say that it would be best for a younger age range but that anyone would love to just look through the amazing illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment