Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett


So Emily was helping me look for books for my text set. I was thinking about doing it on rain when we came across this book. She told me it was her all time favorite book and I just had to read it. She also said that it had to do with rain...kind of, so it would work.
I picked it up and was amazed by how many words were on each page...tons!!! It was even more crazy to me that it was recommended for preschool to third grade (well I guess if you read it to the younger ones). I told her this and she said just suck it up and to keep reading. Well, it was about a town where it rained their breakfast, lunch and dinner. They never had to buy anything because it all came in through some type of weather. After some time, things went bad. Everything started messing up...too much food would come or just weird things together.
I did like how they answered a lot of questions in the book that I even had. I was wondering how nothing ever got dirty but they did have a sanitation team to clean everything up. I didn't think a book like this would be so clever, but it was!
I ended up enjoying the book but probably not as much as Emily does. I thought that it was a really good book to get a child's imagination going. It is a new look at the weather. So I guess...what would you do if food fell from the sky cause I know that I would be in heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment