Friday, April 17, 2009

The Guild Geniuses by Dan Santat


A book about 4 geniuses who say that they can solve anything and if they don't then they will give you a present is what ends up happening in this book.
This book is kind of crazy. It is about a monkey who is best friends with an actor. It is almost the human's birthday and Mr. Pip the monkey got him a present. On the day of his birthday he woke up early to find the human but realized that there were tons of presents from many people sitting there. Mr. Pip got sad and did not want to give his friend the present. Fredrick, the human, didn't know what was wrong with him so he took him to tons of vets but all of them said he was fine. So then he saw a sign for 4 geniuses that could solve anything. The geniuses tried many things to help Mr. Pip feel better, like sending him to the moon, but none of them worked.
When Fredrick came back to pick Mr. Pip up he still was not better so he got a tie as a present. After that though Mr. Pip decided to throw Fredrick a great party and gave him a moon rock and his card that he had made him. Fredrick loved it.
I think that this book could be good for classrooms. I know that there have been times when I felt bad about something that I got my friends because I felt like other things were better. But I didn't realize that they would love it because they loved me. This book can teach a lot of lessons and has some wonderful pictures. I think that it would be good for Kindergarten to second graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment