Friday, April 17, 2009

Shadows by April Pulley Sayre


I picked up this book because of the amazing illustrations on the front cover. I have always really enjoyed art that was made with acrylics and this one was just so colorful and beautiful.
The story was about a very simple subject: shadows. It talked about all of the different ways that shadows come alive and come about. And it is even in poem form! I think that kids would enjoy this book because of the great pictures and they could connect with everything that is said in the book. Tracing shadows on the ground with chalk and then a few hours later seeing that they have moved, shadows under trees to make a cool spot, and even making shadows with parts of your body are just some of the things that they talk about.
My favorite part of this whole book was the page that read, "My friend catches my shadow's hand. Hand in shadow we walk the sand." It is just a great book and I think it would be great for Preschoolers to second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment