Friday, April 17, 2009

Rain Makes Applesauce by Julian Scheer

All I can say about this book is great pictures with a not so great, confusing story. If you are just looking at the pictures, they are amazing as you can tell from the Caldecott Honor on the front cover of the book. As for the story there is another story. I just didn't get the story. I don't necessarily think that you are supposed to but it just seemed pointless to me there.

A couple things that I did notice though was that on every other page it had a predictable sentence at the end and it was written in the poem form. One more thing that I did not like about the book was that it was super hard to read some of the words, or even find them. Some were really small and some were in really weird colors.

So I liked the pictures but I would recommend this book for my classroom unless I just wanted to confuse them.

No comments:

Post a Comment