Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh Yeah! by Tom Birdseye


I read a bunch of Tom Birdseye books for an author study that I did on him and this was another that I had read. Unlike Air Mail to the Moon though, this one did not really spark anything with me. It actually kind of annoyed me. I can't really pinpoint a reason why but I think that it was because it was SOOO repetitive. I know that with younger grades a repetitive book is great because the kids can get into it more. But with this book, for me, it just went too far.
The book was about two little boys who are friends and they are camping out in a tent with their two stuffed animals. The two boys keep telling each other than they aren't afraid to do different things and then the other boy would say, "Oh Yeah!" (Doesn't surprise ya, right, since it is the name of the story.) Well that part is fine. But then they get into this like war and they keep repeating everything that the other one says.
A lot of different things do happen to them. They think they see a big, hair, child eating monster (which happens to just be the dog) and they end up leaving their two stuffed animals outside and then having to go back out and look for them to save them.
I don't know? The first time that I read the book I didn't mind it but as I have read it a few times it just isn't a book that I would enjoy reading again. Like I said though, it would be a good book for younger grades because it is so repetitive and you could even do some sort of order game with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment